Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Brian's broken

That's right brian is broken and you need to help rescue him are you up for a challenge.

Hi i'm Ashlee a student here at Yaldhurst Model School did you know that over 600,000 people go missing every year. And only around 400,000 people are actually found that means that 200,000 people have eather lost their life or are in our world in forests waters and mountains isn't that crazy.

That is why me and my fellow classmates were taught about search and rescue at Arthurs pass outdoor education camp let's go over camp first. We took a 2 hour bus ride in a luxury bus and then arrived at a small cabin which was were we were staying for 3 days near the door there was a do not feed kea sign, Let's get started. We found mint rappers jackets backpacks shoes torch drink bottle and a few other things. Then we wend to the forest and found brian he was a diabetic and was not in good shape at all, we attempted to make a stretcher that would carry his weight. We failed once but tried harder and we did it we slowly set the stretcher close to him a gently placed him on.

Now was the hard part there was rocks, small streams, abandoned schools and lots of sticks and tree roots it was a challenge but we got there in the end we placed him on the ground and inspected him he seemed ok to said good bye and he was off 

sorry I have no photos yet but I will post some thx for listening bye sesion 2 coming soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.